Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Science and Math Activities

So this past weekend my two older boys were saying that long weekends are so boring, so I decided to give them each an activity to do.

My oldest son loves Math, he is in 4th grade so his was a Math activity. Its called Act like an architect:  Draw your bedroom. 

 

Ok what he had to was go in his room and count the length and width of his room by feet, when he was done the he then had to draw it in inches.  He had to do the same with his bed and dresser.  This is the finished drawing, he put it somewhere and said he would show it to me later when he was. 

Now my other son, doesnt really like school but he does like his teacher lol.  He is in grade 3, so I thought this would be a great little science activity for him.  Its called Weather Gragh-Daily weather.




So what we did here is just we drew how the weather is here lately on the side (sunny, rainy, cloudy, snowy, and other like windy or foggy).  Then on the bottom wrote the days of the week started with Sunday ended with Saturday.  We checked off 3 days so far, as I showed on the chart.  This are both fun activities and both boys seemed to enjoy them.


As I'm finishing this post I can hear lots and lots of sirens so I look outside and see lots of smoke.  Not too sure where it is coming from because there is a building in the way, but its either in the building or a car in the parking lot.  Hope everyone is ok though. 


Well thanks for reading bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment