Monday, January 23, 2012

Huntter's Labour and Delivery Story

So here is the labour and delivery story of my 6 year old daughter Huntter, I know its 6 years late but its here.  Huntter's due date was suppose to be February 11th, 2006.  She was born on January 23rd, 2006.

On January 15th, 2006 I woke up feeling gross and getting sick.  I called my mom and told her that I needed to go to the hospital to see what was going on.  She came and got me and my sister watched the boys.  When I got to the hospital they checked me out and i told them how I was feeling and so the put me on monitors and listened for the babys heart beat, when that was good they checked me and told me I was 2-3 centimeters.  They then told me that I could go home.  When I got home, the boys were so happy to see me.  My mom called me later that night and told me that my Grandpa went to hospital in his city the time as i went to my hospital.  He didnt go home that day though.

On January 17th, 2006 I went to my moms for supper.  When i was there we got a call from my Aunt, she told us that my Grandpa had passed away.  We were all upset, and I called my sister and told her.

On January 20th, 2006 i went to the doctors to see if I was ok to travel so I could go to his funeral, but I wasnt allowed to go.  The doctor told me that it wouldnt be a very good idea if I went.  So I had to stay home.

On january 21st, 2006 I noticed that I was leaking.  i didnt think it was anything.  My water didnt break for the boys so i thought it was normal.  It was also my Grandpas funeral, so I was thinking about him. 

On January 23rd, 2006 I went and did my groceries, and some other errands.  After I put the kids to bed I was on the phone with a friend and decided I wanted a hot chocolate.  So I made one. 

8:30pm- had a sip of my hot chocolate, and had tons of stomach pains, first i thought it was gas pains so I went to the washroom but it wasnt.

8:45pm- called my mom and told her about my pains, she told me to just lay down and try to relax.  So I did and the pains were getting worse. 

9pm-  called my mom back but got my stepdad and told him to tell my mom that i was bleeding.  He said ok.

9:10pm-  she called me back and said she was on her way and that my stepdad was going to drive me to the hospital.

9:20pm-  by the time my parents got to my place I was crawling around on all fours, I couldnt walk it was so painful.  My stepdad then said he wasnt going to drive me because he didnt think he would make it to the hospital on time.  So my mom called 911 and asked for an ambulance.

9:40pm-  When the ambulance got to my place.  I hated going in the ambulance, the bruised my hand and the ride to the hospital was so uncomfortable because it was so bumpy. 

10pm-  got to the hospital asking for the epidural, but couldnt get one because when they checked me I was 8cm dilated.  that sucked. 

10:20pm- finally got my birthing room and was so ready to push her out.

10:35pm- Huntter was born weighing 6 pounds 12 ounces 19 inches long.

Well that is my story, not really sure why she was 2 and a half weeks early, someone said it could have been because of my Grandpa passing and it was a sign but I dont know.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment