Friday, January 11, 2013

Take Care of Myself List

Hey Everyone!

So I wrote a list of things I will be doing to take care of myself, which is number 1 on my goals and resolutions.  I wrote about 30 things down.  Not sure I will be doing all of them, but I will try to accomplish at least most of them.

1.  Take a long walk.
2.  Check out a yoga video or DVD from my local library, and make time to do it twice a week.
3.  Read a fiction book or short story that I can totally lose myself in.
4.  Write my life story.
5.  Daydream.
6.  Try a new recipe.
7.  Avoid single parent burnout by getting a babysitter and go to a movie alone.
8.  Write a letter to a friend.
9.  Smile.
10.  Set the timer, close my eyes, and breathe deeply for five minutes.
11.  Read a magazine.
12.  Clean my house-it's a great stress reliever.
13.  Sit outside and breathe fresh air.
14.  Get up fifteen minutes early so I can linger over a cup of coffee.
15.  Swap play dates with a neighbour so you can each enjoy a few minutes of solitude.
16.  Bake a scrumptous dessert just for me.
17.  Re-read something that has been especially encouraging to me.
18.  Write in a journal.
19.  Go to a park and sit on the swings with my kids.
20.  Go to bed an hour early.
21.  Watch the sunset.
22.  Listen to soothing music.
23.  Grow something, such as a house plant or fresh herbs.
24.  Sit with a cup of hot chocolate or some hot tea.
25.  Surround myself with pictures of the people I love and things I care about.
26.  Give myself permission to say "No" to something I really don't have time for or are not interested in.
27.  Say "Yes" to something I'd really like to do.
28.  Express my creativity.
29.  Lend a hand to someone else.
30.  Hug my kids!

So I will try to do most of these.  Wont do them in the same order as the list but I will do some or all.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment